This was the last dishcloth in the WIP box. Yeah me!!
I love the design on this dishcloth. Just enough pattern to keep it interesting, not too much so that I couldn’t watch TV with the hubby at night.
Kelly Casanova held a weave-a-long a little while ago, but I couldn’t participate at the time. I finally warped up in mid-September and was on my way.
I used this Patons Metallic as my warp and…
This embroidery floss for the weft.
I am pretty new to weaving and was trying out something new with the different weights for warp and weft. The coverage is not complete or even.
I did have some trouble with even coverage. As you can see, the weaving did not beat properly. My selvages are all over the place.
This is the finished fabric and overall I am pretty pleased with it. I like the rainbow effect, but am still bothered by the uneven beating.
It’s much more obvious in this picture. I was worried about my lining showing through. I have chosen something very colorful and fun so I decided to back this fabric with some black flannel that I had lying around.
I cut the flannel to size and then sewed it to the woven fabric.
Immediately, I warped up for the handles…
I wove for a little bit and one of the warp threads broke. I used this super, high tech way to add in a new warp thread and kept on weaving.
You can totally see where the new warp thread has been added. I’m not sure how to fix that, but hopefully after a good wash it will be hidden a bit more. I know this project has a lot of challenges, but I actually really like it and have learned quite a bit from all the mistakes. I can’t wait to sew it up properly and finish it.
This was a fun dishcloth to knit and the texture is super cool. Only two more dishcloths to finish from the box of UFO dishcloths!