At the beginning of this month I discovered Elm Street Quilts blog. She runs a monthly goal post. I decided to join to see if I can push myself to get the Dubline Cardigan for DD#1 done in time for winter this year. My goal was to finish knitting the sleeves and attach them to the body of the sweater. This is a raglan type sweater so after the sleeves are attached, the raglan shaping can begin. This is where I was at the beginning of the month.
The body of the sweater was ready for the sleeves, but the sleeves were not quite long enough. DD wants them long enough that they touch her knuckles and have a thumb hole. The pattern calls for the sleeves to be 14.25 inches long (this seems kind of short anyway), but her arm measurement from the armpit to the desired length was 24 inches. I added the necessary length.
And now…the sleeves are attached and I can begin the raglan shaping. My goal for October is to finish the raglan shaping and be ready to start the hood. Wish me luck!!