Progress on my grandmothers garden patchwork is going steadily along. Last time I updated I had put together three of the flowers and had the green vines/leaves in place and sewn:
My plan was to get the next flower done and attached. I have some green fabric that I found in my stash was excited to use next. The flower did get done:
You will notice that none of the white hexagons are sewn together. They are sewn to the flower, but not to each other. That is because I got a teeny, tiny bit distracted. I went to a quilt show with one of my daughters (we had a fantastic time!), but while there I saw these three books:
I knew I NEEDED them and am now obsessed about pieced hexagons. I decided to make the first pieced hexagon from that first book:My finished hexagons are 1.5 inches to a side so the pieces are kind of tiny:
And they are a little fiddly, but I really like making them.
There are no real plans with these other than to make a few and add them to this project. It took me quite a long time to make these. I first made the cardboard pieces to wrap the fabric around and then prepared each piece and then sewed them. I am getting a little better at sewing them, but they still take awhile. I am completely enjoying the process though!