I’m finishes with block 2 of the 50 stitches CAL – the Bobble/Puff Stitch.
Observations of this stitch:
*I found making the bobbles in crochet to be much easier than in knit as I didn’t have to keep turning the piece front to back and visa versa.
*I did not care for carrying the yarn from bobble to bobble as I could see the carried thread through the other stitches.
*One of the other member of the 50 stitches FB group recommended cutting the yarn for every bobble. This appealed to me as there were no visible threads and I thought it looked much better from the front.
*However … that left a boat load of ends to weave in. Definitely NOT fun.
I know this doesn’t look like very much, but it took about 2 hours to weave in all the ends.
Ahhh … much better. All in all this was a fun experiment and I love learning new to me stitches especially in crochet where I am not as fluent as in knitting. I LOVE the look of the different color bobbles against the solid background. I’m not sure I’ll do this again. Maybe if I had committed to weaving the ends in as I went, it would have been better!
EDITTED TO ADD: I’m sharing this on Moogly Hookin Up On Hump Day