Myself and a friend have been renting space at the glass workshop to make beads about once a week. We are having a great time!
None of the beads come out looking like I think they will, but I like them anyway.
This one was fun. I had a bead that exploded into pieces in the annealer. I really liked the color of that bead so I decided to try to add it to the bead I was currently making. I added new glass go the mandril, and while the glass was molten, I pressed the pieces of the broken bead into it. Then I heated everything up and reformed the glass into a bead shape. This might be my favorite bead so far.
I’d like to try to make smaller, thinner beads that I can use in my tambour embroidery.