Taaa Daaa!!! One Monthly Goal Finish

I FINALLY have a finish!!  Last night, during the Oscars, I put the finishing touches on the label and attached it to…..The Mighty Rainbow Blanket!

img_5501

2/24/2019 Mighty Rainbow Blanket complete!

I started this in September of 2016 and finally, finally finished it!  This is my daughter’s twin size bed.

img_5503

Hand made label – to cover a spot.

I usually put labels on things.  This one is a little large because we had an unfortunate accident with a heat lamp (for geckos).  The heat lamp was turned off and then placed on the blanket which was in a bag.  Well….the bag melted and a hole appeared where the bulb from the lamp lay on the bag.  I am just lucky that the fibers of the blanket only melted slightly, but there was still green icky stuff on it that I couldn’t get off.  I decided this was the perfect place for the label!!

As soon as the label was attached, my daughter snuggled up in it.  Then we put it in it’s proper place – her bed!  The Mighty Rainbow Blanket is a super easy knit, it’s all garter stitch.  My daughter picked out the pattern from Knit Picks and we purchased the yarn called for in the pattern.  It is super soft and warm and she loves it!

I am linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.  I put this finish as my goal for the month.  I figured out that I needed to complete 6 rows per night in order to finish on time.  During this month we went to Disneyland.  I knew that I would not be able to work on it at the park so I knit 24 rows on the car ride there and another 24 rows on the car ride back.  That left only 8 rows to finish before the end of this month.  I did that on Thursday, February 21st in the evening and bound off at knitting the following day at my knitting group.  I then wove in all the ends at home.  During breaks at Stitches West, I made the label and attached that to the blanket last night while watching the Oscars.  Both my daughter and I are thrilled to have this completed!!

Mighty Rainbow Blanket Monthly Goal!

I am determined to finishing this blanket!  I started this (I am embarrassed to share) on September 20th, 2016.  EEEK!!  It started out great, it was small and easily carried.  I had lots of volleyball tournaments and soccer games and practices for the kids to attend and I dragged it everywhere.  Then it got heavy and unwieldy and it was a real pain to knit on while sitting in bleachers.

img_5320

Mighty Rainbow Blanket

I have been working on it for two hours on Fridays during our knitting group and it has grown slowly.  The light green has just been started and there are only three more skeins (yellow, orange, and red) to go.  I can see the end in sight, I just have to keep working on it!

The goal for this month is to finish this blanket!!  I am linking up to Elm Street Quilts February Finish Link Up to give me the push to work on it!

December-One Monthly Goal

I am linking up with Elm Street Quilts for the December One Month Goal.  I get to choose any project I wish that uses fabric, thread and/or yarn.  I then set a goal and try to meet that goal by the end of the month.  This goal has been previously made (without success of completing) …img_4834

This is the Dubline Cardigan being knit for my oldest daughter.  The goal for December is to finish the sweater and start the hood.  The hood is attached to live stitches at the top of the sweater.  Wish me luck!!

One Monthly Goal-September Finish/October Goal

At the beginning of this month I discovered Elm Street Quilts blog.  She runs a monthly goal post.  I decided to join to see if I can push myself to get the Dubline Cardigan for DD#1 done in time for winter this year.  My goal was to finish knitting the sleeves and attach them to the body of the sweater.  This is a raglan type sweater so after the sleeves are attached, the raglan shaping can begin.  This is where I was at the beginning of the month.

The body of the sweater was ready for the sleeves, but the sleeves were not quite long enough.  DD wants them long enough that they touch her knuckles and have a thumb hole.  The pattern calls for the sleeves to be 14.25 inches long (this seems kind of short anyway), but her arm measurement from the armpit to the desired length was 24 inches.  I added the necessary length.img_4378

And now…the sleeves are attached and I can begin the raglan shaping.  My goal for October is to finish the raglan shaping and be ready to start the hood.  Wish me luck!!

One Monthly Goal

I thought I would join up with Elm Street Quilts for the One Monthly Goal challenge.  Basically I select a project of my choice, set a goal for the month, blog at the beginning of the month and then at the end.  I’m going to use this to try to get the Dubline Cardigan done for my daughter.  So…  the goal for this month is to finish the sleeves,img_4238

They need a couple more inches.  They are longer than the patterns calls for, but DD#1 wants them long enough to have thumb holes in them.  AND…

attach them to the body of the sweater.  The color is more accurate in the photo of the sleeves, but I love showing the cables.  I really enjoy doing cables and this pattern is perfect.  Wish me luck!